What will your child read next? There are plenty of ways to search for a book at A Book and A Hug! At this website, your child can also contribute a book review.
For effortless searching, start with the search bar on the website homepage, or browse through colorful book covers.
Continue your search by category, such as mystery, sports or fantasy. Or, search by age or reading level, such as Babies, Young Listeners for ages 1-3, Picture Books for ages 3-8, Early Readers for ages 4-7, Independent Readers, Middle Readers for ages 8-10, Older Readers for ages 11-13, or Mature Readers for ages 14 and up. Additional ways to search include What's New, Books for Girls, Books for Boys, and using keywords or topics.
At this website, your child can also learn what kind of Reading Superhero they are, and Read Around the World by clicking on a map to find stories from different countries.
Don't miss the Books Alive link, which features video interviews with children's authors! The website also provides links to Educator and Parent resources.
A Book and A Hug is brought to you by Barb Langridge, who has experience as a children's librarian and bookseller. She is also a television professional who makes book recommendations and interviews authors, illustrators, and publishers.
- Cozi - Tips, calendars, and so much more to help busy families stay organized
- Family Corner - family fun, craft projects, kid's recipes, parenting advice, decorating ideas, frugal tips, and more
- Family Fun - a wealth of ideas for family-shared fun
- About.com Homeschooling - offers a communal atmosphere for homeschooled children
- Home Education Magazine - read selected articles from current and archived issues
- Home School Legal Defense Association - keeping homeschoolers up-to-date with relevant federal and state laws
- HomeSchool.com - a comprehensive site on all things homeschooling
- National Home Education Network - a great resource for parents considering taking the homeschooling plunge
- Connect Safely - more helpful information and safety tips
- Cyberbully 411 - provides answers to questions about online harassment
- Get Net Wise - database of helpful information and safety tips
- Navigating the 'Net with Your Kids - informative PDF brochure (downloadable)
- Net Smartz Workshop - interactive and educational resource to teach Internet safety to children
- Child Development Institute - keeping parents informed on child development, child psychology, parenting, health and learning
- Parenting - find info on all things parenting, from baby development to recipes for picky eaters
- What to Expect - pregnancy and parenting info, tip: check out the helpful A-Z Health Guide
- Zero to Three - promoting the health and development of infants and toddlers
- AR BookFinder - search the Accelerated Reader database of books
- Parent's Choice - great recommendations for children's books, toys, music and more
- Raising a Reader - find tips on sharing books with your child
- Reading Rockets - a website dedicated to teaching kids to read and helping those who struggle